If you’re getting an “Error Reading the Rules from the Server” message in Outlook this could be a painful experience. This error can be because of a variety of causes including connectivity issues, issues with the server or even corrupted rule settings. But, with the correct procedures for troubleshooting, you will be able to solve this issue and be you back using Outlook without interruptions. In this post we’ll walk users through steps required to solve this issue.
Checking Connectivity and Server Settings
The first step to fix this issue “Error Reading the Rules from the Server” in Outlook is to verify your server and connectivity settings. Check that your PC connects to the Internet and Outlook is set in order to communicate with your mail server. This can be done by accessing the Outlook Account Settings and then checking your server’s settings. If the settings on the server aren’t correct, or if you are not able access the server on your own, then you could have to call your email service provider to address the problem.
Disable Third-Party Add-Ins
Third-party add-ins could cause issues with Outlook and trigger problems like “Error Reading the Rules from the Server.” To fix this issue, disable any third-party add-ins that are installed within Outlook. To do this, head to the Outlook Options menu and then choose “Add-ins.” From there you can choose which add-ins that you wish to remove and then click “Disable.”
Check and Repair Corrupt Rule Settings
If the steps above don’t get rid of this “Error Reading the Rules from the Server” message It’s likely that your rule settings are corrupt. If this is the case you’ll have to fix and verify the rule settings that are corrupted. To accomplish this take these steps:
- Start Outlook and navigate into”File” in Outlook “File” menu.
- Choose “Manage Rules & Alerts” from the drop-down menu.
- In the window for Rules and Alerts In the Rules and Alerts window, click”Options” in the Rules and Alerts window “Options” button.
- Choose “Export Rules” and save the rules file on your computer.
- Once you’ve saved the file with rules After saving the file, click “Delete” to delete all the rules.
- Close and then reopen Outlook.
- Return to the “File” menu and select “Manage Rules & Alerts” once more.
- Next time, you need to click”Import Rules” and then click on “Import Rules” option and select the rules file that you previously saved.
- After the rules have been transferred, open Outlook and see whether the error message been fixed.
Repair Outlook Data Files
If none of these steps fix the problem it is possible to restore the Outlook information files. To fix this issue take these steps:
- Close Outlook and then go to your Control Panel on your computer.
- Choose “Programs and Features” and select “Microsoft Office” from the list of programs installed.
- Click right-click to “Microsoft Office” and select “Change.”
- Within the Office Setup window, select “Repair” and click “Continue.”
- The repair process will take a while to complete , then restart your computer.
- Open Outlook and check if the error message is solved.
In the end in conclusion, you can conclude that the “Error Reading the Rules from the Server” message that appears in Outlook is fixable through the following troubleshooting procedures. It is crucial to verify that your connection and server settings are in order, deactivate any third-party add-ins and repair any corrupt rules configurations as well as Outlook information files. If you follow these steps, you will be able to solve the problem and be again using Outlook without interruptions. We hope that this article will be helpful in resolving the problem for you.